Bring in your own mat or borrow one of ours for free. We also provide other props like blankets, bolsters, blocks, and straps.
Arrive 5 – 10 minutes before class to settle in, use the restroom, drink water, and check in at the front desk. This makes sure that you don’t feel rushed, and helps teachers start class on time.
Please remove shoes in the entryway before walking on the studio floor.
Turn phones to silent and leave with other belongings to avoid distractions during class.
Leave personal belongings in the back lounge to save space in the studio.
Stay for the whole class to make the most of your practice. Savasana (final resting pose) are an important part of a strong yoga practice. If you must leave early, let your instructor know before class, set up your mat near the studio door, and quietly excuse yourself before savasana meditation.
We provide mats and other props like blankets, bolsters, blocks, and straps for free.
We prefer that you pre-register using MindBody, but drop-ins are also acceptable. Signing up online provides the benefit of a guaranteed spot in class and faster check-in at the front desk.
No, not unless you are seriously injured and bring in a handwritten note from your MD/NP.
We offer donation based classes at a “give what you can” rate. We appreciate your contribution of any amount to help us continue to offer a variety of classes. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
Parking is available in the lot in front of our studio. The studio is at the Metro Gold Line Atlantic Station and near many bus stops. We encourage walking, biking, carpooling and using public transportation.
Yes, we store lost items at the studio up to two months before donating items.
We require an initial 3 month minimum commitment before you can cancel a membership and 1 month notice prior to your next billing cycle. If you meet both of these requirements, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will cancel your membership. It is your responsibility to contact us a full month prior to your requested cancellation or to provide a handwritten MD/NP/ND’s note if an immediate cancellation is required due to a medical emergency.
Youth under 16 years of age who wish to attend a regular class must be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian at all times and are expected to participate without distracting the class. Youth under 16 years of age may not sit in the reception or lounge area while their parent/ guardian takes a class. The front desk volunteers are not authorized to supervise youth. The student and parent and/or guardian must also agree and follow the following guidelines:
- Complete and sign a New Student Liability form for each child
- The parent/guardian must pay $6 for youth under 16 participating in an adult class. First class for the youth participant is free.
- The parent/guardian must place their mat next to their youth’s mat
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure their youth does not injure themselves or disrupt the class.
- If the youth student becomes a distraction to the class or instructor, the instructor reserves the right to ask the parent/guardian to quietly leave, expecting their full understanding and willingness to comply. If that ends up being the case, we will refund the $6 payment for the youth’s class and the fee for the parent’s class (excludes unlimited membership participants). Examples of disrupting class include: talking and/or making noise during class, running around during class, playing during class, etc.If your child does not have the attention span or ability to spend the entire length of the class on their mat and fully participate in the class, then we ask that they do not come to adult classes and only come to our special class designed for youth and families. Yoga Seeds meets every Sunday from 9:3010:30am.
People’s Yoga instructors and subs may decide to teach or cancel class when only one student is in attendance.